The great first-step to monetizing your creative talents is to design services for one-on-one clients. They're easy to create, don't require a lot of overhead, and you can get some quick cash and testimonials! The Decorettes are kicking off income streams month with a chat about why they love providing services, the drawbacks of only relying upon services, and their favorite types of services to design for creative business owners.
- The importance of multiple income streams
- Why offering one-on-one services is important
- Low overhead and a quicker way to produce income
- Testing out your systems
- Get fast testimonials to establish authority
- The drawback of having services as your only income stream
- They're not leveragable
- You have to be present 100% of the time
- The importance of validating your services
- Send out surveys
- Hangout where your ideal client is hanging out
- Identify an actual pain point that your service can help with (not just guessing what people might want)
- Types of services
- Signature services
- Tiered services
- Services only available to current clients
- Seasonal services
- Questions to ask if your services are not performing well
- Is your brand expressing your value?
- Is your marketing message clear?
- Is your website easy to navigate?
- Are you getting great client testimonials?
- If not, this is a systems issue.
More on Pop Up Services
Courtney Johnston, founder of The Rule Breakers Club, is the queen of all things pop up services. Find out more about her system!
Marketing Message Help!
Need a bit of help making sure your marketing message is clear?
Create Better Back-End Systems!
Need some help making sure your clients have an amazing experience working with you?
Building a StoryBrand
Our favorite book! If you need some help, grab a copy of Building a StoryBrand by Donald Miller.
MORE FROM JESS!
MORE FROM STEPH!
So what are your thoughts on this week's episode, Decorette?
LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS! WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!