Don't let body hangups stop you from going big in your business! Join The Decorettes and their special guest, casting director Kymberli McKanna, who will be sharing her favorite body positivity mindset shifts, as well as dishing on what she's looking for as a casting director. And it's not the size of you ass or your thighs!
- How Kymberli became a casting director (She worked on Hamilton y'all- Hamilton!)
- How to stand out at an audition or just in life
- Kymberli's journey to loving her body fully
- How to embrace the changes your body goes through
- How Kymberli responds when women tell her their body hangups
- Kymberli's top tips for loving yourself more fully and getting over your body hangups
- Embrace your slash marks
- Getting support from friends and family
- Eliminating negative people in our lives
- Only wear clothes that make you happy
- Ignoring beauty standards
- Watch and listen to women that inspire you
Kymberli has worked with Telsey + Company, Lisa Fields Casting, Joy Dewing Casting, Wojcik | Seay Casting, and Tara Rubin Casting as a Casting Assistant & PA on projects like Hamilton, Wicked, Waitress, the live NBC/FOX musicals and many more. Her solo casting credits include Next to Normal with Panic Productions, Celebrity Cruises, short films When I'm Gone & The Blind, This Just In: The Webseries and new media campaigns for Aetho, WearPact.com and Alameda Health Systems. She is also a producer, hair & makeup artist and occasional performer.
Find her at www.KymberliMcKanna.com and on Twitter and Instagram @KymmiMac
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to The Decorettes on YouTube! We'd love it if you left us a comment and gave us a thumbs up! It may seem small, but it will help us get amazing guests for you and keep bringing you the best branding and systems tips each week!
- Become a Decorette! Shimmy on over to the Facebook Group and join the snazziest shindig around!
- Have a question you want answered on The Decorettes? Submit your questions for us here!
MORE FROM JESS!
MORE FROM STEPH!
So what are your thoughts on this week's episode, Decorette?
LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS! WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!