Adding physical products to your income streams sounds like it could be a logistical nightmare! How do you get the products made? How do you ship them out? How do you accept payment? Do you need to have all the products on hand? Well, no need to feel overwhelmed! This week The Decorettes are interviewing Kat Gaskin of Salty Pineapple and the Content Planner and she's giving her best tips on not just adding physical products into your business, but also how she built her brand and influence on Instagram.
- Kat discusses her philosophy, development, and the core values behind her personal brand, Salty Pineapple.
- Kat discusses her lady boss journey from working as a graphic designer to becoming a location independent island-hopper.
- How Kat grew her Instagram following and developed her aesthetic that developed into partnerships and content creation for brands.
- Keep a document of your "hit list," the list of brands you'd like to collaborate with and for future partnerships
- The logistics behind running her two eCommerce sites: The Content Planner and Salty Pineapple
- Big takeaways
- Be your own client and make products you would love to use
- You've got to jump in and figure out the logistics as you go
- Make your products niche
- Keep your ideal customer in mind when creating your products
- Try out print-on-demand models to reduce the need to store inventory (Salty Pineapple does this and Kat uses Gooten)
- For products that you have inventory source and manufacturer to work with
- Grass roots- ship out your own orders when the quantity is smaller for on-hand inventory
- As your inventory products grow, use a fulfillment
- Kat uses a Shopify site for both The Content Planner and Salty Pineapple
- Check the quality by order samples first
- Shoot your own product photography to maximize the products link to your brand
- Unboxing is super important!
- All of this takes time to find the right people to work with!
- Big takeaways
- The 2019 Content Planner
- Presale starts September 2018 with free extras
- Kats biggest investment in her business that helped grow her business the most
More About Kat:
Kat Gaskin (@katgaskin) is a freelance graphic designer turned creative entrepreneur.
Under her personal brand Salty Pineapple (@thesaltypineappleshop) she's shown us how to "Be a Pineapple" and recently launched The Content Planner (@thecontentplanner), the first and only physical planner for your blog and social content - all while beach hopping around the world and building a community of fellow tropical dreamers.
Follow Kat on Instagram: @katgaskin
The Content Planner
Salty Pineapple Shop
More From The Decorettes
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to The Decorettes on YouTube! We'd love it if you left us a comment and gave us a thumbs up! It may seem small, but it will help us get amazing guests for you and keep bringing you the best branding and systems tips each week!
- Become a Decorette! Shimmy on over to the Facebook Group and join the snazziest shindig around!
- Have a question you want answered on The Decorettes? Submit your questions for us here!
MORE FROM JESS!
MORE FROM STEPH!
So what are your thoughts on this week's episode, Decorette?
LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS! WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!