Need some tips for using social storytelling in your social media strategy? Look no further! This week The Decorettes are chatting about their favorite way to use storytelling platforms like, Instagram Stories, to be memorable online and build brand awareness for your creative business.
- Why we love digital storytelling for social media
- Why digital storytelling on social media is an important part of your business' marketing
- Important things to remember about social storytelling
- Choose the platform that is the best fit for your audience
- Stay current with app updates
- Always be on the lookout for other resources that can help with your social storytelling
- Come from a place of service, not self-indulgence
- Your content is driven from your marketing message
- Types of content to share in your stories
- Step-by-step tutorials and how-to's
- Behind the scenes of work
- Lifestyle behind the scenes
- On the blog promos
- Top tips mini blog
- Portfolio pieces
- Personal diary stories
- Point to content on another social channel
- Client testimonials
- Anything your particular audience may find inspirational
- Six Social Storytelling Techniques
- Post after-the-fact
- Provide context
- Vary the shot types
- Pay attention to the beginning of each snippet
- Include calls to action as much possible
- Use the classic storytelling arc (beginning, middle, and end)
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to The Decorettes on YouTube! We'd love it if you left us a comment and gave us a thumbs up! It may seem small, but it will help us get amazing guests for you and keep bringing you the best branding and systems tips each week!
- Become a Decorette! Shimmy on over to the Facebook Group and join the snazziest shindig around!
- Have a question you want answered on The Decorettes? Submit your questions for us here!
MORE FROM JESS!
MORE FROM STEPH!
So what are your thoughts on this week's episode, Decorette?
LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS! WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!